Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Have I mentioned Gwen loves Sunglasses: Part 3

I found Gwen on the couch today playing with my sunglasses....again. I thought it looked innocent enough, so I grabbed my camera quickly. When I took a closer look, I saw this-->
One lens broken out, and one side broken off...
But, really...how can I get upset at a face like this??
A few little things about what Gwen is up to:
  • She has a quiet, innocent way about her. She can do anything and somehow it seems like it's not a big deal
  • She started Nursery on Sunday. The nursery workers said she was an angel. I dropped her off, and she never even looked back to notice that I had left. They said she was quiet and cooperative, and that she especially loved bubble time.
  • She has started really communicating. Her favorite word is "no no." She especially thinks it is funny when I ask her if I can have a kiss, and she shakes her head and says, "no no no no" and then she wrinkles up her nose, gets a twinkle and gives me a giggle. But she also says, "Yeah" whenever I ask her about something she does want.
  • Some of her recent words are: Cracker(cack-uh), Thank you (den-to), Bonk (buh), boo, nose (noh), eye, ear (e-yah), Diaper (die-die), Nu night (nie nie), More (while she signs more food) (mo), All done (while she signs all done) (Ah-Duh), Gentle(Den-to) ....directed to Liv =0) , and Baby.
  • She LOVES to be a big girl. About 2 weeks ago, she decided that she will no longer let me feed her, she wants a utensil when eating everything, including dry Cheerios, and she would refuse to drink out of a sippy.... she only wanted a big girl cup. Luckily, I think I have broken her of this last one, although she still doesn't have the same love she once had for her sippy.
  • She is most always happy and willing to laugh when we play with her. She also isn't afraid to let me know, on occasion, that she has a mind of her own =0).

4 comments:

Emily said...

Betsy, I'm loving your blog lately! Your girls really are darling and your pictures are awesome. What camera are you using?

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

She is adorable! I love getting to know more about her personality. Okay and that shirt she is wearing.. it is too cute!

Laurie said...

The cuter they are, the more they get away with, huh?! Evan kills me because I KNOW he gets away with murder, but I'm powerless to stop it because he has cast a spell over me with his cuteness. Gwen's personality seems like so much fun!

Angela said...

I haven't owned the same pair of sunglasses for longer than a month. My little girls LOVE to try them on and break the sides off. I love that last pic of Gwen! Cutie.