Saturday, January 19, 2008

Fun Kid Food

OK, I am always up for fun kid meals. Brad brought this idea home from someone at work, and we had a great time with it.

Dizzy Dogs
1 package hot dogs
1 package refrigerator bread sticks
Wrap the breadsticks around your hot dogs and bake them @375 for 12-15 minutes
*If you would like to, you can brush with egg whites and add sesame seeds or poppy seeds, Brad added Kosher Salt to some.
Eat with an assortment of dipping sauces, because anything is better when you dip it...right? (Liv definitely agrees =0)

I would love any fun kid food suggestions you have..... post them, or leave them in my comments! (We also do english muffin pizzas....pretty self explanatory, and we love'em)

P.S. Yes these hot dogs are red....if you are dieing to try one...you'll have to come to Maine =0).

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Those look so fun! We have red hotdogs in Hawaii too! Haven't been in touch with you guys in too long. BTW, Happy Belated Birthday! I'll email soon.
~laurie

Meghann said...

We make chicken fingers a lot. I use the precut chicken tenders and dip them in flour, then egg and then bread crumbs and either pan-fry them with a tiny bit of oil or bake them in the oven. We make our own dipping sauces and they are usually a big hit!

Angi said...

We do quesadillas all the time and we do beanie boys which are bread with baked beans on top then topped with cheese and broiled for a while (I don't know how long, just until they're about to burn basically :). We also do turkey and cheese roll-ups which are basically cheese sticks wrapped in lunch meat-you can add a toothpick for that special touch! Love you!

Angi said...

Oh I just thought of a great one. Veggie parfaits. You cut up a bunch of different kinds of veggies really small (I guess that's called diced) anyway, then the kids get to layer them into little clear plastic cups picking any of the different veggies that they want, then they get to pour some salad dressing over the layered veggies and voila'!

Angela said...

Man! I miss red hot dogs! Breadsticks sound slightly healthier than crecent rolls, which is what I usually use. I made taco salad the other night and the kids were facinated that they could eat the bowl! Funny! Ask Brad if he remembers eating canned asparagus wrapped in ham at Grammy's house!