7-7-07
Exactly one week before the race, I found out that my Grandfather had passed away. A sad day, but a good day, he had been living with cancer for 3 years and had gone down hill quickly in the last month. Traveling was quite an adventure. Gwen came with me. We spent 2 1/2 days there, and 36 hours traveling to and from. Maine to Southern Utah is a really long trip! Gwen was a trooper, even though she hardly slept the whole time. The funeral was really great. My grandfather had a really cute sense of humor, and really loved his family, a lot of sweet/funny stories were told and it kept the mood light. Gwen is named in honor of him (She has his mothers middle name) so I thought it was appropriate that she was there, although, I really wish he could have met her while he was alive! I am still totally bummed that I had to miss the triathlon! Brad was a good sport and swam and biked the course with me on Tuesday, then I went on to complete the run. It was awesome to actually finish the course, but not quite the same as doing it with everyone else. I am hoping that I will get the chance to do another tri, at the end of the summer, if not, definitely next year. Judging by these pictures of Brad, Liv and I trying on our gear, I think everyone else missed out too!
2 comments:
You look STUNNING!
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Aren't you glad we have the gospel and we know we will see them again?
Love you!
Jess
We really missed you at the triathlon. There will be many more to come!
Post a Comment